Unlike most competitors Domino Pads is sourcing all components possible through US sources. This allows us to rule out certain worrisome additives right from the start.
For example PFOAs have been discontinued in the US for several years, etc.
On this page we would like to tell you a bit more about the high quality materials that make up your Domino Pads cloth pads or your Domino Wear period panties.
Domino Pads Cloth Pads
Our New Silvadur One Way Wicking KEEPDRY Cloth Pads
- Designed to keep you cooler and dry faster, TransDRY® technology combines the comfort of cotton with moisture wicking performance that rivals any competitive fiber in the market.
- High-performance double-facing fabric with exceptional push-pull technology for a superior cool, dry and fresh feel, even in the most humid conditions.
- We’ve engineered this proprietary finish to quickly wick sweat away from the body and onto the fabric surface to keep consumers comfortable and dry.
- Uniquely engineered from premium hydrophobic and hydrophilic fibers. The hydrophobic yarns push the water away from the skin and the hydrophilic ones pull the water to the outside of the product
- Infused with SILVADUR™ antimicrobial silver ions to inhibit bacterial growth, control bad odors and create long lasting freshness without toxic chemicals.
- SILVADUR® is proven to be safe against the skin. Tests of bamboo, cotton and polyester treated with 10 times the recommended amount of SILVADUR® found no skin irritation or sensitization after multiple exposures.
- Extremely breathable, soft & durable
- Manufactured with no harmful chemicals or finishes.
- CPSIA compliant, meeting stringent standards by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission on lead and phthalates and flammability.
You can read more on Silvadur here
Domino Pads Classic Hand Dyed Bamboo Cloth Pads
The bamboo fabric is one of the few components not manufactured in the US (because bamboo is grown in Asia). We obtain the bamboo in it’s base state and hand dye it here in Texas. If you’d like to see more about this process check out our page on making cloth pads.
The hand dyed bamboo pads are our all time bestseller with their soft and lasting surface texture and gorgeous colors. No piling occurs even after years of wash and wear.
Benartex Minkee Cloth Pads
The minky cloth pads are our plushest option for cloth pads. We obtain the majority or our minky fabrics through Benartex in New York.
Components Common to all Domino Pads Cloth Pads
The main component to all cloth pads is the WindPro fleece backing. WindPro creates the moisture barrier by the extra tight knit of the fabric. It does not contain a DWR coating like most other fabrics in this category.
DWR may contain PFAS so it’s good to avoid them based on what we know about PFAS at this time.
WindPro is made in the US.
We had the material tested by an independent lab for PFOAS
We didn’t just want to take the manufacturer’s word for it and paid for testing of the material. We are happy to report no PFOAS were found. You can find the report below:
Soaker Materials in Domino Pads
The large majority of soaker layer materials are sourced through Wazoodle in Pennsylvania.
You can find out more about their materials here
Who makes the Domino Pads Period Panties?
Domino Pads Cloth Pads are made here in Texas by our seamstresses Liz and Tonia.
Domino Wear – the Period Panty by Domino Pads
We are proud to introduce the ALL US SOURCED period panty by Domino Pads in the Winter 2020!
Have you looked at the label in your period panties and noticed that they are all made in Asia?
There are fantastic factories right here in the US that have decades of experience in making fabrics and components in an environmentally safe way while paying their workers a fair wage.
We want to offer your the best period panties possible and we want you to feel good about your purchase.
The Domino Wear Panty Fabric
We searched high and low for a US manufactured fabric that would be silky and comfortable but also made with minimal impact on the environment.
The solution for us was Tencel fabric. This fabric made without the use of pesticides from renewable resources in a closed loop production cycle. Closed loop means that no water is wasted in the production of Tencel fabrics.
The Domino Wear Panty Quick Wicking Top Layer
We use US made Silvadur one Way Wicking fabric as your comfortable top layer in the crotch area. You can read more about this amazing fabric at the top of this page
Domino Pads Soaker and leak-proof barrier
Our leak-proof barrier and the soaker part of the panty is US sourced. You can read more about the fabrics here
Who makes Domino Wear Period Panties?
Our new panty line is made by a US factory with over 60 years of experience, making panties! We are so happy to have found this amazing resource to create outstanding panties for you